SC

Friday, May 27, 2016

OLD IS NEW


I desperately wanted a new dolly fix but nothing appealed:

  • My beloved IT Nu.Face has me disenchanted since they gained height – they remind me of Opiliones. I might have to break down and go back to rebodying but for the moment it’s tiresome. (I’m undecided about The Industry at this time.)
  • Mattel has done awesome fashions and articulated bodies recently but the doll faces look like they suffer from megalophthalmus (greatly enlarged eyes - a condition that worsens with age and may eventually require surgery).



Now, if you like tall dolls and/or dolls with excessively large pupils, I am not knocking your choice, and I mean no offense. All dolls are beautiful! For me, and no doubt likewise for you, the idea is to find something that m’inspire. So with nothing new inspiring me, I turned my attention to old stuff. Could anything old touche mon cour? Well yes, as it so happens.

Ta-da! 2009 Wicked Witch of the East!



When you stop laughing, I shall proceed. L Thank you. 

My fix was a mix:
Barbie Look Sweet Tea’s pale articulated body
IT’s Beast’s fashion with a new spin
Witch head (sans chin wart)



Shall we try this again? 😏
Ta-da! 2009 Wicked Witch of the East!


Witch’s screening reminds me of early FR with the elongated eye makeup. Her expression is less friendly but that gives her the perfect combination of beauty and character I adore.


I had such fun with this I am once again reminded of the joy in playing with what I have instead of looking for the next. 

Wishing you joy in playing with your old treasures.

(¯`v´¯) ....♥
`*.¸.*.♥.´´¯`•.¸°`*.¸.*.♥.´´¯`•.¸°
☼•*
*•..

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Muff. Chuffed you like her. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow, she is a knockout! She has that look of being someone to watch out for -- she exudes confidence. Giving an older beloved doll new life by giving her an articulated body and some newer reworked fashions does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other dollies are keeping an eye on her. They don’t trust her yet. lol

      Delete
  3. I love what you did with her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat. She's a much better fit for my lineup now.

      Delete
  4. Wonder if she could actually complete a chair demo. Doesn't look like she'll take anything off anyone. Have you seen the Lovetones dolls yet? They are 1:6 and gorgeous! There are many pics of them on Flickr.

    https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/novafashion/26658521271/in/search_QM_q_IS_lovetones+_AND_prefs_photos_IS_1_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lovetones are gorgey. A slippery slope I am resisting. 😅

      Delete
  5. She is seriously gorgeous!

    A lot of my dolls are hybrids between the old and the new. Gotta make it work for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, so glad you approve. Congrats on your Ava Duvernay. That is one girl who won't require fixin' up.

      Delete
  6. Love her face! Those lips are just perfect. I can't wait to see her in one of your stories. By the way, I got your email. Just haven't had a chance to read the latest episode, or respond to your email. Working hard to fill Dasia orders, but I will get to it real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve, V. No worries about the response. I sometimes take weeks to get back to folks because of how busy life gets. Good luck with your Dasia orders. I hope she gets to keep at least some of originals cos that girl is looking fab.

      Delete
  7. Wspaniała lalka! Dobra zamiana!
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. So nice to have you visit. ヅ

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! I love the result. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nobody wants to turn an old 90s barbie I have in Annabelle doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not familiar with Annabelle, but the hardest era to turn is the 80s – leg warmers, shoulder pads and BIG hair. The dolls Mattel produced in the 80s look impossible to me.

      Delete
  10. Hi Ro!
    What a great idea - making something new out of something old. I might go into Moreville and try that since none of the new dolls do anything for me. LOL I can totally relate to the "dolly fix" syndrome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good part is, it saves money. (◕‿◕) I hope to see a post from you soon. *huggles*

      Delete
  11. eek sorry previous post got away... Isn't if funny how one suddenly feels the need of a new doll. had the same thing happen this week. Lovely to see you posting again (I haven't visited in ages)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have you revisit, Sue. You have the about the cutest kiddies ever! What did you decide on for a "fix" this past week? I like the older Mattel kiddies over the newer ones and wonder if you do too.

      Delete
  12. bonjour ! Je n'avais pas vraiment fait attention qu'elles se ressemblaient. Mais le résultat à la fin est super beau.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, she's a stunner!! I am waiting for Sweet Tea to go on clearance because I don't like her face, just her clothes, but now I want her as a body donor, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a spare Sweet Tea fashion. I'll email you and it's yours if you want. You can maybe pick up a body a little cheaper at some point.

      Delete
  14. I've been feeling the same way lately: I'm over Mattel at this point, but I don't like most of the IT female dolls either. I haven't created any new dolls like this (she's gorgeous by the way), but I have been focusing on getting clothes and accessories for the ones I already have. Oh and downsizing so I only have my absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love where you are at! Envy your downsizing but like you I also see no end to my obsession with clothes and accessories. I am still doing Mattel because a lot of my doll play involves storylines using Mattel dolls, but if storylines ever end there will be some massive downsizing. I have no plans to buy any more IT dolls unless they absolutely wow me, and frankly I am not holding my breath. Thanks for your awesome post.

      Delete
  15. Wicked Witch of the East looks grumpy gorgeous. I look forward to seeing her character unfold in upcoming stories.

    It is fun to rediscover "old" favorites. Like you get to appreciate them again ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I always love to hear from you. (◕‿◕✿)