SC

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ma Petite Chaise (No. 6)


Tulip Chair





The Tulip Chair’s pedestal base made history in 1956 when Eero Saarinen designed the first one legged chair. It is a pure expression of modernism and is as popular today as it was in the ‘60s when it won the Museum of Modern Art Award.

It looks divine as a dining chair with minimal modern furnishings, but its timelessness allows it to be incorporated into more traditional settings. It looks equally good used as an office chair or an occasional chair. Any way you choose to use it, its curvaceous style will sing sexiness.

I enjoy the unexpected, so combined my 1:6 scale Tulip Chair (seats recovered in black) with a classic chandelier and mirror, rustic gray-painted floor boards, and a focal point flower arrangement.


1:6 scale Vitra Tulip Chair sell for a staggering $240. More affordable ones can be found on eBay for around $25 each. If you are looking for two chairs and a matching table, check out Carolyn Allen’s delicious set on Etsy. I love that she offers a chic black version. She also offers the chairs for $40 a pair, and the table alone for $35.

Today I have invited a Stardoll to demo the Tulip Chair (first timer, which is why she looks as stiff as a board).


















}: (    This is war!

37 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She loves you for saying that and sends you an enormous hug. lol

      Delete
  2. LOL ... go Harper!

    Oops. Meant to type bad Harper. Not nice making the new kid feel her shortcomings. Tsk. And to do it so easily - as if she were unwrapping a Godiva chocolate.

    Looking forward to this war ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you well. The best. But Harper ... I dunno, Ro, lol.

      Harper is a tough cookie ;-D

      Delete
    2. I think you may be right. Drat!

      Delete
  3. Lol! Cute and funny story! I love the chairs and your models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this furniture! My dolls would not know how to act if they had anything this fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your AFs would handle themselves well. They all seem like a good sort. ;)

      Delete
  5. Loved it. She is a piece of work, but she looks great in that dress. I was looking forward to the haircut and style for the new lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, V. I want to cut her hair short but she has so much of it I’m frightened it will end up looking like a football helmet on her head.

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: congratulations for this work so gorgeous. The lounge is awesome ... wow ... I like the furniture in the fireplace, the large table, chairs, lamp, bottle of wine, clothes of the two dolls .... you do a wonderful job. I never tire of looking at your photos. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah! I love Harper! I can't wait to see the Barbie vs. Integrity death match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m arming up! I may call on you for reinforcements.

      Delete
  8. Haha..Harper, she is such a cute little devil. I'm afraid for you that this blog might be rename Harperville's Blog: Ma Petite Chaise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realy love your blog ! It's very nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour vos gentilles remarques. :D

      Delete
  10. I always enjoy your storytelling and dynamic props. Again, thank you for the plug.

    Carolyn Allen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carolyn. I'm in awe of your talent and it's a delight to lead folks to you who will be as delighted as I am.

      Delete
  11. That poor Stardoll never stood a chance. I think Harper needs to be watched closely, very closely.

    Everything about this set is just divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good tip, Muff. My eyes are narrowed and following Harper's every move.

      Delete
  12. Love the room and furniture. As always... love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the entire design! The story is hilarious! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I’m stoked you like it. (◕‿◕)

      Delete
  14. I love how you set this up! I have heaps of dolly sized furniture, and even attempted making some on my own and I just can get enough of them! I tend to lean more towards the traditional styles, but these are so chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m like you, can’t get enough dolly furniture. :) I like all styles and enjoy mixing it up. So pleased you approve these chairs in this setting.

      Delete
  15. Harper is absolutely hilarious, but classy! The room is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuffed no end by your feedback. (◕‿◕)

      Delete
  16. Awesome diorama! great job!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. I always love to hear from you. (◕‿◕✿)